DOF is a leading provider of integrated subsea project and marine services to the global offshore energy market. Operating since 1981, we are proud of our ability to seamlessly deliver multi-discipline services from a single company. It is the unique combination of expert marine and subsea project teams deployed on owned and operated assets that set us apart from competitors. In addition, our resources and assets are located within all the major offshore energy hubs around the world.
The global fleet of 62 vessels, operates in three segments of the offshore services market: PSV (Platform Supply Vessels), AHTS (Anchor Handling Tug Supply Vessels), and Subsea (Subsea Vessels and Subsea engineering services). Seven vessels currently comprise the Regional Asia Pacific (APAC) Fleet.
This is a permanent position, based in Singapore, accountable for managing our offshore crew in the APAC region. The position reports to the APAC regional management team, with functional reporting to the Norwegian/Atlantic Corporate Headquarters.
As Crewing Manager you will ensure the regional APAC Fleet and Offshore Projects are crewed with a team of highly competent and engaged Marine and Subsea Project crew. Leading a skilled team, you will ensure all offshore personnel deployed on the fleet have the required experience, qualifications, competence and medical fitness to safely deliver high quality offshore operations. Part of your existing skill set will be the leadership ability to maintain the positive, high performance and strong safety culture onboard our vessels.
Role and Responsibilities.
The Crewing Manager will:
- Lead, direct and support the Asia Pacific Crewing Team to ensure our crew travel safely, on schedule, and in accordance with the respective local government requirements in the Asian countries we operate; ensuring up to date compliance with visa, work permit, medical and flag state requirements.
- Manage, mentor and support the APAC Crewing team, including team capability development, resource planning and work allocation; ensure the team is adequately resourced and productivity is maximised to effectively meet project, client and operational needs.
- Be responsible for Subsea and Marine crew competence and capability development and ensure safe manning and compliance with STCW, the Marine Labour Convention 2006 (MLC), Charter Party, Flag state, codes and standards as applicable.
- Interface with Project Managers/Vessel Masters/Superintendents and communicate project and client crew competence requirements; training matrix; schedules and logistics needs to the Crewing Team.
- Communicate regularly with the Vessel Masters to discuss and manage all crew matters including, crew training and competence requirements, crew performance and development and to ensure and maximise crew well-being and mental health.
- Be responsible for resolving swiftly, respectfully and fairly any crew disciplinary and grievance matters.
- Oversee the recruitment of both Casual Subsea Project Crew and Marine Crew; be involved in the recruitment and selection of Senior Permanent Marine Crew.
- Ensure effective implementation and compliance of DOF’s crewing systems, processes and procedures.
- Oversee the Crewing System, ensuring that it is developed, maintained, accurate and up to date, to meet regional needs.
- Responsible for the cost control and cost optimization of the Crewing Department’s budget.
- Maintain professional and industry networks and mutually beneficial relationships with Unions across the APAC Region.